Thank you to the parents who came to Parent Voice on Friday morning. It was nice to see some new faces.
Parents said their children had settled well in reception class.
A few questions were asked about the school day in reception.
- In show and tell children can bring something from home to show once a week. This gives the children the opportunity to stand up and speak in front of the class. • PE in Reception is either on a Monday OR a Wednesday each week.
- Library books come home in plastic bags and reading books and letters etc in the red reading book bags.
- Children have fruit and milk as a snack so no snacks need to be sent from home.
- Please make sure you speak to your children about telling a grown up if they are hurt at school. We always tell them to tell a grown up but some do forget.
- A parent asked if school does a nurture group and yes we do; this is a small group which helps children settle in to school and builds their confidence.
- Children run round the heart line in the playground as part of their daily/ weekly active sport.
- Please remember Wednesday night is nit buster night. Please regularly check and condition your child's hair to keep the nits away.
Thank you again to those who came. We are looking at moving the next parent voice to a Wednesday to give more parents a chance to come along.