School Development Plan 2016-2017
Key area: Outcomes
- Raise pupil outcomes across the school from nursery to Y2.
- More children to be working at and above age related expectations.
- Consider the use of challenge across the school.
- Develop the use of movement play across Early Years
Key Area: Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Develop use of new tracking systems.
- Develop opportunities for outdoor learning.
- Ensure assessment is accurate.
- Use classroom based research to raise standards.
Key area: Personal Development and Welfare
- Improve school attendance and punctuality.
- Achieve Food for Life Silver Award.
- Develop children’s awareness and use of key learning skills.
Key area: Effectiveness of Leadership and Management
- Develop inter school collaboration at a senior level.
- Develop the role of the subject leaders with regard to whole school training.
- Continue to raise the profile of the governors.
Staff, Governor and Parent Priorities
|Worked well 2015/2016||To consider 2016/2017|
Areas that are not working well are being addressed through school development plan and on going work.
Review of School Development Plan 2016-2017
- number of children achieving a Good Level of Development at the end of Reception has increased
- number of children working at expected or above age related expectations at the end of KS1 has increased
- phonics is slightly down
Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- use of assessment being developed and refined
- outdoor learning more prevalent and resources are being gathered
- moderation of assessment taking place
- research projects completed and validated by the university
Personal Development and Welfare
- importance of punctuality and attendance raised with parents
- number of lates decreasing
- Food For Life : farm links being developed
- children more aware of what they need to do to be better learners
Leadership and Management
- inter-school work embedding across the Aireborough Trust
- subject leaders have more ownership of development in subject areas
- profile of governors rising
|Early Years||Good Level of Development|
|Children eligible for Pupil Premium||57%|
|Year 1 Phonics|
|Children eligible for Pupil Premium||75%|
|Keystage 1 (Year 2)|
|All||At age related expectations||Above age related expectations|
|Boys||At age related expectations||Above age related expectations|
|Girls||At age related expectations||Above age related expectations|
|Children eligible for Pupil Premium||At age related expectations||Above age related expectations|
Key areas to consider for 2017-2018
- preparation for GDPR [new data protection act 2018]
- develop inter
- school work [themes more focused across schools] across Aireborough Learning Partnership
- continued focus on achievement for all children in particular those eligible for pupil premium funding
- looking at writing across the school especially challenging the more able
- parental engagement
- curriculum redesign
- high quality interactions[Early Years]
- Food For Life
- School based research into the school gender gap in maths
- moderation and assessment [in-house and across the Trust] eg further development of pupil progress meetings -staff training