Message from Ms Lowry 10/07/2020
Date: 10th Jul 2020 @ 11:06am
I hope you are all well. I promise I will make no mention of the weather this week! But I will say that between us we have managed to drop off reports with nearly all our families and are finishing saying goodbye to Y2 which has been amazing. It has been so lovely to see lots of smiling if sometimes shy faces. We can't wait to have everyone back in September and we are excited for Y2 to start their journey at the Juniors. I would also like to tell you that Mrs Shaw has returned from maternity leave and is busy planning for life in Nursery. It is lovely to have her back.
We are planning for September but as yet we have not had a risk assessment from Leeds to support this. Hopefully it will arrive today and we can finalise things.
At the moment, we are planning for
- staggered start and finish times to minimise the amount of people in the playground
- a one way system involving the gates
- one adult only dropping off and picking up
- year group bubbles/ groups to reduce contact
- a lot of handwashing and extra cleaning of equipment
- access to home learning similar to what we have now in case we have a local lockdown
- children to come in their PE kit on PE days
- all children to wear trainers everyday as there will be an increase in outdoor work
We will send details when we have them but in order to make sure that the plans are up to date this will probably be in the first week of September as the situation may change between now and then. I have included a link about handwashing as this is the most important thing for September. There are other handwashing videos available but this one is Mrs Nolan's favourite!
Please, please can you ensure that your child is an expert hand washer and dryer before school starts in September!
Have a lovely weekend and only one more week before the official end of term. I am sure that some of you home educators are looking forward to hanging up your teacher hats!
Yeadon Westfield Infant School